Thursday, May 22, 2008

we made it!

so, i'm here in Gloucester, where my homestay family lives. they are a wonderfully nice family, in a cozy cute little house with a dog named harvey. it's great!
we left oc at 10 am, flew out of sioux falls at 2:00, and arrived in atlanta at about 5. had a 5 hour layover, then an 8 hour flight into heathrow. queaziness galore! my tummy hates me still. but dinner smells delicious so hopefully i get over it. i'm so tired but i can't sleep yet. can't sleep yet. can't sleep.... can't sl..... oh sorry!
we had no problems at the airports, or any traveling. everything went really well.
it's really pretty here, and there are a lot of sheep. the houses are all very similar on each block, but each one has it's own individuality. the accents are happy and the country is beautiful!
tomorrow we get to go to straton-upon-avon (or whatever it's called) and we'll see midsummer nights dream. i'm so excited! anyway, i should probably get offline now and be sociable. rest a bit before supper. miss you all, love you
shelbi

4 comments:

lisa said...

yeah!! hope your stomache has forgiven u!jkjkkl- karlee says hi!! mom

Amanda said...

YAY! you're in Europe! Promise me one thing, Shelbs - embrace EVERY SINGLE opportunity you're given while you're here. You will never regret it. Have SOOOOO much fun!!!
PS - MSND is my favorite (or in the top 5 anyway) Shakespeare play. I'm slightly jealous of you right now. :)

Crystal Beth said...

This may be weird... but I hope that dog is darn cute! Guh! I think I like you even more for blogging about this! I hope you're having an amazing time!

MissMarit said...

You lucky duck! I'm excited for you for your excursioning about...keep blogging so I can pretend that I got to come along...